M.A. in Philosophy from Western Michigan University, 2009
B.A. in Philosophy and Religion from Olivet Nazarene University, 2007
- Moral Philosophy
- Agency and Responsibility
- Moral Psychology
- "Salience, Imagination, and Moral Luck," Philosophical Papers (forthcoming)
- "Assembling an Army: Considerations for Just War Theory." Journal of Global Ethics , Vol. 12, No. 2. (2016): 204-221.
- "Conversation, Responsibility, and Autism Spectrum Disorder." Philosophical Psychology, Vol. 29, No. 7. (2016): 1015-1028.
- "Autism, Episodic Memory, and Moral Exemplars." Philosophical Psychology, Vol. 29, No. 6. (2016): 858-870.
- "Reasons-Responsiveness and Moral Responsibility: the Case of Autism." Journal of Ethics, Vol. 20, No. 4. (2016): 401-418.
- "Activity, Inactivity, and Production: Roberts' Commerce Clause Argument." In The Affordable Care Act Decision: Philosophical and Legal Implications, 117-131. Edited by Fritz Allhoff and Mark Hall. New York: Routledge, 2014.
- "Ticking Bombs and Moral Luck: An Analysis of Ticking Bomb Methodology." Human Rights Review. Vol. 12, No. 4. (2011): 487-504.
- Review of Morality in a Natural World: Selected Essays in Metaethics. Metaphilosophy. Vol 39, No. 4-5. (2008): 690-695.
- Guest Editor: Special Issue on the Affordable Care Act. Public Affairs Quarterly, Vol. 27, No. 3 (July, 2013)
- "Salience, Imagination, and Moral Luck." University of New Orleans Seminar Series in Philosophy and Political Economy. New Orleans, LA (October 2016)
- "Can Improving Episodic Cognition Make Us Better Moral Judges?" Morality, Moral Philosophy, and the Humanities in the Age of Neuroscience. Neurocognitive Research Program for the Advancement of the Humanities, Kent State University. Kent, OH (November 2016)
- "Blame Without Relationships: A Challenge for Scanlon," 2016 American Philosophical Association Meeting (Central Division)
- "Counterfactual Thinking as a Unifying Cognitive Deficit in Autism Spectrum Disorder." Meeting of the Moral Psychology Research Group. New Orleans, LA (November 2014)
- "Counterfactual Thinking as a Unifying Cognitive Deficit in Autism Spectrum Disorder." Tulane Philosophy Department Research in Progress Colloquium. New Orleans, LA (October 2014)
- "The Rational Relations View of Responsibility and the Challenge from Alexithymia." 52nd Annual Meeting of the Alabama Philosophical Society. Pensacola, FL (October 2014)
- "Assembling an Army: Considerations for Just War Theory" Association for Political Theory Annual Conference. Nashville, TN (October 2013).
- "Autism, Responsibility, and Conversation." 3rd Annual Medical Humanities Conference. Western Michigan University. Kalamazoo, MI (September 2013)
- "Functional Fluency and the Moral Responsibility Exchange." Annual Meeting of the North Carolina Philosophical Society. East Carolina University. Greenville, NC (February 2013)
- "Can an Individual be Inactive in the Healthcare Market?" 2nd Annual Medical Humanities Conference. Western Michigan University. Kalamazoo, MI (September 2012)
- "The Torture Memo: A Philosophical Critique." 10th Annual Graduate Interdisciplinary Symposium on the Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences. Purdue University. West Lafayette, IN (April 2009)