Ph.D. University of Wisconsin-Madison
Honors and Awards
- Fellow-in-Residence, Edmond and Lily Safra Center for Ethics, Harvard University, 2022-23
- Director, Center for Ethics and Public Affairs, Murphy Institute, Tulane University, 2021-22
- Normative Ethics
- Political Philosophy
- Philosophy of Education
- Equal opportunity and higher education. In Handbook of Equality of Opportunity, ed. Mitja Sardoc; Springer, Cham, Spinger Major Reference Works series, 1-25 (2023), https://link.springer.com/referenceworkentry/10.1007/978-3-319-52269-2_91-1.
- Fairness, care, and abortion. Journal of Applied Philosophy 40(4): 658-675 (2023), https://doi.org/10.1111/japp.12661.
- Egalitarian machine learning. Res Publica 29 (2): 237-264 (2023), https://doi.org/10.1007/s11158-022-09561-4 (with Ben Schwn and Clinton Castro)
- Children, partiality, and equality. Journal of Ethics and Social Philosophy 23 (1): 59-85 (2022), https://doi.org/10.26556/jesp.v23i1.1539
- How far can political liberalism support reforms in higher education? (2022) Social Theory and Practice 48 (4): 713-744 (2022), https://doi.org/10.5840/soctheorpract2022812173
- Conservatism reconsidered. (2022) Journal of the American Philosophical Association 8 (1): 149-168, https://doi.org/10.1017/apa.2020.50
- Wrongfulness rewarded? A Normative Paradox (2022) Synthese 199: 6897-6916. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11229-021-03098-4 (co-authored with Ben Schwan)
- Inequality: do not disperse. Utilitas 33(2): 193-203 (2020) https://doi.org/10.1017/S0953820820000333.
- The unit and currency of egalitarian concern. Journal of Moral Philosophy 16 (5): 613-643 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1163/17455243-20182796
- Egalitarian nonconsequentialism and the levelling down objection. Ratio 32: 74-83 (2019)
- Inequality of opportunity: some lessons from the case of highly selective universities. Theory and Research in Education 15: 53-60 (2017)