Skip to main content
- Oliver Sensen is a partner investigator for a joint three-year grant funded by the AHRC (UK) and DFG (Germany) on Respect, the so-called "Means and Ends Network (MEAN)”
- Dan Burnston was a Junior Visiting Fellow at the Pittsburgh Center for Philosophy of Science in Spring 2023 and was previously a Scialog Fellow in the Cellular and Molecular Foundations of Cognition for his project "Network Topology Underlying Circuit Dynamics During Flexible Cognitive Behavior".
- Ronna Burger has been invited to be a Keynote Speaker for the International Plato Society annual meeting, which will be devoted this year to the Sophist
- A collection of essays in honor of Ronna Burger, Nature, Law, and the Sacred, ed. Evanthia Speliotis, was published by Mercer University Press in 2020.
- Chad Van Schoelandt, Kevin Morris, and Sabrina Leeds received a Center for Public Service Grant for Community research for their ongoing work at Project Lazarus, where Sabrina has been teaching philosophy courses to Lazarus residents since Fall 2018.
- Oliver Sensen was elected to be Vice President of the North American Kant Society for 2017-2020. He also received a 2017 Faculty Networking Grant from Tulane. He also was named a partner investigator in a $246,000 research project funded by the Australian Research Council, titled: 'Conferring dignity in law and health care,' hosted at Monash University.
- Richard Velkley was elected President of the Metaphysical Society of America for 2017-2018.
- Kevin Morris received a Classroom Enhancement Grant for Fall 2017 for Donovan Wishon (University of Mississippi) to lead a discussion of Russell on introspection with his Analytic Philosophy course.
- Dan Burnston was elected to the Tulane Brain Institute.