Skip to main content
- Ronna Burger has been invited to be a Keynote Speaker for the International Plato Society annual meeting, which will be devoted this year to the Sophist
- A collection of essays in honor of Ronna Burger, Nature, Law, and the Sacred, ed. Evanthia Speliotis, was published by Mercer University Press in 2020.
- Chad Van Schoelandt, Kevin Morris, and Sabrina Leeds received a Center for Public Service Grant for Community research for their ongoing work at Project Lazarus, where Sabrina has been teaching philosophy courses to Lazarus residents since Fall 2018.
- Oliver Sensen was elected to be Vice President of the North American Kant Society for 2017-2020. He also received a 2017 Faculty Networking Grant from Tulane. He also was named a partner investigator in a $246,000 research project funded by the Australian Research Council, titled: 'Conferring dignity in law and health care,' hosted at Monash University.
- Richard Velkley was elected President of the Metaphysical Society of America for 2017-2018.
- David Shoemaker was awarded a grant for Summer and Fall 2016 in the Philosophy and Science of Self-Control Project at Florida State University, funded by the John Templeton Foundation. The title of his project is "Empathetic Self-Control". He was also recently appointed as an Associate Editor at Ethics.
- Kevin Morris received a Classroom Enhancement Grant for Fall 2017 for Donovan Wishon (University of Mississippi) to lead a discussion of Russell on introspection with his Analytic Philosophy course, as well as a Classroom Enhancement Grant for Spring 2018 for William Jaworski (Fordham University) to give a lecture on hylomorphism and the mind-body problem to his Metaphysics seminar.
- Dan Burnston was elected to the Tulane Brain Institute.