Department of Spanish and Portuguese Undergraduate Degree Programs
Frequently asked questions about the:
MAJOR AND MINOR IN SPANISH
MAJOR IN PORTUGUESE
JOINT MAJOR IN SPANISH AND PORTUGUESE
1. How do I get information on the Spanish and Portuguese programs at Tulane?
Please see Spanish minor and major info on our Department website
2. How do I know if my language placement is at the right level?
For Spanish, please contact our Director of the Basic Language Program in Spanish Prof. Roxanne Davila at email@example.com
For Portuguese, please contact our Director of the Basic Language Program in Portuguese Prof. Megwen Loveless at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. How do I declare my minor or major?
a) Download the minor or major declaration form
b) Fill out the form
c) Schedule a meeting with your advisor in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese
4. Who is my advisor in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese?
Advisors are assigned by students’ last names. Please contact the department office at (504) 865-5518
5. Where do I get information about Study Abroad?
Please visit the Study Abroad office and schedule a meeting with their staff: http://global.tulane.edu
6. How do I transfer credits if I study abroad?
Please see Study Abroad guidelines.
Make sure that you schedule a meeting with your advisor in our Department before you go abroad.
Classes that are not pre-approved CANNOT be transferred toward the Spanish minor or major.