The New Orleans Center for the Gulf South at Tulane University invites proposals from scholars in the arts, humanities, and social sciences for research projects focusing on the Gulf South, stretching from Texas to Florida, as it intersects with the study of the Global South. Proposals must place this U.S. bioregion in a global context. Between ten and twelve fellowships will be awarded annually, with a maximum grant of $3,000. The fellowship funds can be used as a travel grant to the region for archival research and/or fieldwork, or to defray other research expenses.
Awardees are required to do the following:
- Submit a web-ready summary of the project including pictures and a short personal bio along with signing of the grant agreement.
- Submit a final report that includes an accounting of expenses and updated web-ready summary of the project, including pictures and a short personal bio.
Awardees will be strongly encouraged to present their research findings in a seminar or afternoon talk toward the end of the grant period.
Global South Research Grant proposals should include the following:
- 500-word project summary that includes funding request ($3000 max).
- Project narrative of no more than five double-spaced pages
- Detailed budget that includes all project expenses and delineates which expenses will be covered by the requested funds.
- Up-to-date CV.
- Two letters of recommendation.
To apply, please complete the form available at this link: https://secure.lglforms.com/form_engine/s/xiETbhE_UklcXjQtHbLIxQ. Please note that the form will ask for contact information and a bio and will ask applicants to upload project proposals. All project proposals must be submitted as one compiled pdf.
Letters of recommendation may be emailed directly to Rebecca Snedeker at firstname.lastname@example.org or hard copies can be sent to the following address for arrival by the deadline.
New Orleans Center for the Gulf South at Tulane
112 Newcomb Hall
6823 St. Charles Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70118
The next deadline will be March 13, 2023.
Applicants cannot apply to both the Monroe and the Global South Research Grants.
For more information, please contact Regina Cairns at email@example.com.