To access most of the following faculty resources that reside in the Box folder entitled “SLA Faculty Resources,” click a link below and then login to https://tulane.app.box.com with your Tulane username and password. Other resources/documents also are contained in the Box folder.
- School of Liberal Arts Faculty Constitution
- School of Liberal Arts Promotion and Tenure Guidelines
- Standing Committees, Meeting Dates, and Deadlines
- Faculty Policies and Guides
- School of Liberal Arts Course Proposal Form
- School of Liberal Arts Handbook for Department Chairs
- Dean's Office Hiring Guidelines
- Policy for Faculty Recruitment (related to costs)
- School of Liberal Arts Faculty Position Request Form (for CHAIRS & DIRECTORS only)
School of Liberal Arts Staff Position Request Form (for CHAIRS & DIRECTORS only)
School of Liberal Arts Faculty Academic Review Declaration Form (leads to the SLA form submission site: https://sla-acrev.wp.tulane.edu) and Instructions (in Box)
Leave Requests: School of Liberal Arts tenure-line faculty leave requests for sabbatical, fourth-year/junior research leave, and other research leave requests and requests for temporary employment or visiting professorship leaves will be administered via Interfolio. Contact Tara Hamburg in the SLA Dean’s Office to request an Interfolio packet to be established for faculty to apply or for inquiries; most relevant application deadlines are noted in Box. (Note: Sabbatical eligibility is applicable for only tenured faculty in our school and requires completion of 12 semesters of full-time service in residence (12 teaching semesters) prior to a requested sabbatical semester. A fourth-year/junior research leave semester is applicable for pre-tenured assistant professors after successfully passing a mid-tenure review process.)
- Argenti Fund
- A Studio in the Woods Faculty Fellowship
- Book Subvention Fund
- Center for Scholars
- Faculty Research Awards
- Lurcy Grant
- Lurcy Affiliated Fellow Application
- Professors of Practice Professional Development Fund
- Research Course Release Awards (RCRA)
- Tenure-Track International Conference Fund
- Liberal Arts Faculty and Staff Awards Nominations (nominations occur once per year, each spring); see previous winners here.
External Funding Opportunities (in Box)
- Do I submit my proposal through the Sponsored Projects Administration or Corporate and Foundation Relations?
- Grant Funding Opportunities for School of Liberal Arts
- LaBOR ATLAS Information
- Tenenbaum Sophomore Tutorials in Liberal Arts
- Tulane Office of Human Resources
NVIVO is now available via the Tulane IT Service Catalog Portal. Faculty and students can login and request a license, along with the installation key, and receive instructions how to install.
* Please note that if you want to teach students to use this, they must each register individually for the download.
** If you already have an active license with NVIVO, you will have to contact the company individually to see about a refund or credit. Alternatively, you can keep using their active license, but request a license through Tulane instead of renewing.