As Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs, I help the School of Liberal Arts hire outstanding faculty and see that they thrive at Tulane and the wider world of academia. I work with our departments and programs in their hiring plans, meet with job candidates, and assist newly-hired and existing faculty navigating our process for tenure and promotion. I also encourage our faculty’s professional development and well-being through promotion and tenure seminars, work-life balance workshops, individual mentoring, and community-building events.
Please make an appointment with me or one of our SLA staff if you want to talk about any of the following:
- New or existing faculty hires
- Mentoring and professional development for faculty
- Promotion and Tenure standards, policies, and procedures
- Sabbaticals, research leaves, parental leaves or other leaves for faculty
- Issues involving faculty performance or conduct
- Applications for Visiting Scholars
- Faculty Parents Network (informal group for faculty with families)
- Faculty Transition Network (faculty members who help newly-arrived faculty or those in life transitions with practical matters such as housing, schools, etc.)
My office is in 100C Newcomb Hall, and you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 504-314-2211.
For my academic profile as an art historian, visit my the Newcomb Art Department website.