Call for Proposals
Cinema Studies and the Department of Communication are pleased to invite faculty to submit a proposal to fund a research and/or creative project for the academic year (including summer). These awards are made possible by the generous donation of Carol S. Levin. The Levin fund is open to tenure-track faculty members in the School of Liberal Arts who are working in the areas of cinema studies, television studies, and new media studies. Activities supported by the fund include:
- presenting a paper at an academic conference
- conducting research at film and media archives and/or museums or conducting fieldwork
- participating in film and media workshops or in film and media festivals
- attending conferences or film festivals or industry conventions
- purchasing light equipment for use in a specific project
Awards of up to $2000 will be made. Please submit your actual budget. Applicants should use the Levin Grant Application Form and submit a project proposal, which should include a description of the proposed project and its significance in the relevant field of film, media, and/or new media (one to two pages), a clearly itemized budget detailing how the requested funds will be used and total amount requested (one page), and a recent curriculum vitae (short form). If awarded, applicants will be asked to submit a final report on their funded activity.
Deadlines and contacts for 2023-2024 TBA
Contact Constance Balides at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.