Tenure-Track International Conference Fund
The SLA Dean’s Office will provide up to $1,000 for travel in conjunction with faculty professional development activities at international venues (outside the continental United States). This fund will augment monies received from the Provost for international travel or other center-supported funds. To be considered for these funds, faculty must be giving a paper at an international conference. All full-time, regular, tenure-track faculty are eligible to apply. Complete application instructions are listed below. Applicants may only receive one award, for one conference event, per calendar year.
Applications will be accepted three times per year:
- August 1 for travel in fall semester (September through December)
- November 1 for travel in spring semester (January through April)
- April 1 for travel in summer (May through August)
Applications will not be accepted or approved once travel has begun or been completed.
Individuals should complete web application form that includes the following:
- The requests made to the Provost and other Centers, as well as requested support from the department.
- The amount of money received from these areas.
- The impact of the conference on their scholarly or creative work.
- A clear budget that includes air fare, hotel stay, registration and per diem foreign rates. See: The Office of Allowances web page.
- A C.V.
Applications and attachments should be submitted using the online webform no later than the due date.
Awards will be announced approximately two to three weeks after proposals are due.
Any questions regarding the SLA Tenure-Track International Conference Fund can be directed to Katharine Jack (email@example.com).