Operations Manager, Newcomb Art Department
Tulane University, School of Liberal Arts, New Orleans, LA
Under the supervision of the Chair of the Art Department, the Operations Manager II (OM) position is responsible for the daily management and operation of the Newcomb Art Department.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to think strategically “big picture” and handle details.
- Ability to supervise employees and students.
- Ability to communicate effectively between program(s) and other university units.
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Ability to monitor and assist in the preparation of budget.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Expert in time management and flexibility with multiple demands.
- Ability to establish work assignment priorities and perform duties independently, without immediate or constant supervision.
- Willingness to work irregular hours for events.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to new software, digital media, and online systems.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Four years of budget development and monitoring
- Working knowledge of Tulane systems: Banner, TAMS, HCM, KRONOS, COGNOS, CONCUR, E-IT, INTERFOLIO, WEBSITE AND SLATE (Graduate application System).
- Experience in an academic setting, working with students, faculty, and other members of the university community.
This position is assigned to pay grade B5.25. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane
as well as our Benefits and Pay
. See our Candidate Resources
to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply
This position will close on 12/31/2021
Tulane University is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.