Application materials include:
- Portfolio and corresponding Inventory List
- Statement of Purpose (1-2 pages addressing inﬂuences, interests, current work direction, brief bio as it relates to art practice, and reasons for applying to graduate school at this time)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Unofficial academic transcripts of all undergraduate and/or graduate study (Official transcripts are required upon admission to the program)
- CV/Resume optional
*Please note that the GRE is not required of MFA applicants in studio art.
1. You may submit a maximum of 20 images.
2. Images should be of recent pieces and indicate your primary interest and direction.
3. Still images must be in JPEG format, maximum dimensions of 2000 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. File sizes should be no larger than 2MB.
4. Each file must be named as applicant’s Lastname_Firstname_##.jpg. Example: Doe_John 01.jpg
5. Applicants must also include an Inventory List of the images. Include your name at the top of this page, and list the Title, Date, Medium and Dimensions for each image (corresponding to each jpeg number).
1. Please limit your time-based work samples to no more than ten minutes.
2. If your time-based files are smaller than 20MB each, they can be uploaded through the application system.
3. Time-based files larger than 20MB should be uploaded on your website, Vimeo or Youtube. These files should be listed on the Inventory List with appropriate URL’s to their online location.